So this is going to take me quite some time, and some of the posts will seem a bit out of context, I suppose, but I think I’m going to copy all of my posts from my old website over to this one. The information hanging out there is quite old and, I dare say, in need of a face lift.
So when you see articles in the distant archives over here that seem a little… odd, this is why. Also, please bear with me while I migrate those posts by hand. It’s going to be quite a slow process.
So the dividers you see here don’t render correctly in Internet Explorer, though they’re “OK,” so I’m not going to fix them. Get a better browser. Furthermore, I’m maybe 40% or so done migrating old posts to the new blog. I must say that I really like the template I’ve got here. Not just because I wrote it; I think it works well. I’ve made some tweaks for code and for block quotes, but all in all, it’s pretty nice. Enjoy!
Update, part two
I found a relatively elegant hack to force MSIE to load an additional stylesheet using
document.createStyleSheet() and some simple object checks. Since MSIE is the only browser to set both
navigator.userLanguage it’s actually a simple yet accurate check to see who’s using MSIE without having to meddle with the catastrophe that is the User Agent string.
So all said and done, now the
divider nodes render correctly in MSIE, despite its backwards interpretation of
margin: auto properties.